Type: Illustration or Process Analysis Essay
Length: 3-4 pages, double-spaced
Margins: 1 inch (top, bottom, left, right)
First Draft Due: Week 2 – Sunday, 1/22
Essay 1 asks you to write either an Illustration Essay or Process Analysis (How to) Essay. A “first draft” of this essay is due at the end of Week 2, Sunday, 1/22, Midnight (ET). See “Notes on First Drafts” below.
Before you panic, read through this entire assignment sheet and use the following documents (below) to ensure a successful first draft:
- Essay 1 - First Draft Checklist
- Final Draft Rubric
- Illustration Sample Student Essay
- Process Analysis Sample Student Essay
Subject & Strategy (S&S) provides a detailed description for both Illustration and Process Analysis Writing Strategies. S&S also includes sample essays using these strategies. (See list below.)
Here’s a quick description of Illustration and Process Analysis from “What are Writing Strategies?” in the Week 1 Content Folder:
Illustration: The strategy of illustration uses examples (facts, opinions, samples, and stories or anecdotes) to make a general observation, assertion, or claim more vivid, understandable, and persuasive.
For example, one of the suggestions is the following: Television has produced a number of “classic” programs. You might want to specify a particular cable channel instead and discuss 3 ESPN programs that are “classics” to you – or 3 Animal Planet programs (for the animal lovers in our course), etc.
Process Analysis / How to: This strategy involves separating an event, an operation, or a cycle of development into distinct steps, describing each step precisely, and arranging the steps in their proper order.
If you think you may like to write a Process Analysis Essay, you can choose any of the ideas or prompts (1-4) listed on p. 276. These are not the most inspirational writing prompts, so please know that you can write about a topic that you know well.
Notes on First Drafts:
- Your first draft should be a solid attempt at completing a full essay using either Illustration or Process Analysis as your primary writing strategy.
- Complete first drafts are eligible for the full 10 points. A complete first draft includes an attempt at producing the following:
- Thesis statement
- Body paragraphs
- As discussed in “Using a Writing Management Process” in the Week 1 Content Folder, first drafts focus on “MACRO” issues—thoughtfully structuring your essay and using well-developed paragraphing and transitional words/phrases. (See Writing Resources for a list of transitional words/phrases.)
“MICRO” issues include spelling, grammar, punctuation, and formatting. It’s OK if your first draft needs editing; in fact, this is to be expected.
- Your instructor will provide you with first draft feedback which you can use to revise your essay for the Final Portfolio (ePortfolio) which will be due Week 8.
Again, 99% of writers never feel satisfied with a first draft.
Moreover, your instructor will not expect a flawless first draft.
Running head: PROCESS ANALYSIS ESSAY Process Analysis Essay
Institution 1 PROCESS ANALYSIS ESSAY 2 The Impact Media Technology in the new Century
In the past few years, the world has observed...
This question was answered on: Oct 15, 2019Buy this answer for only: $15
This attachment is locked
Pay using PayPal (No PayPal account Required) or your credit card . All your purchases are securely protected by .
About this QuestionSTATUS
Oct 15, 2019EXPERT
YES, THIS IS LEGAL
We have top-notch tutors who can do your essay/homework for you at a reasonable cost and then you can simply use that essay as a template to build your own arguments.
You can also use these solutions:
- As a reference for in-depth understanding of the subject.
- As a source of ideas / reasoning for your own research (if properly referenced)
- For editing and paraphrasing (check your institution's definition of plagiarism and recommended paraphrase).
NEW ASSIGNMENT HELP?
Order New Solution. Quick Turnaround
Click on the button below in order to Order for a New, Original and High-Quality Essay Solutions. New orders are original solutions and precise to your writing instruction requirements. Place a New Order using the button below.
WE GUARANTEE, THAT YOUR PAPER WILL BE WRITTEN FROM SCRATCH AND WITHIN A DEADLINE.