As a new employee at Canyon rental, an outdoor outfitters and supply shop, your boss has asked you to look at the internal control system within the store. He is seeking a loan for expansion and must have his books audited. The auditor asked about his control procedures and documentation. He has no idea what the auditor is talking about. Your boss has asked you to do what you need to understand the system and has asked for a memo with your observations and recommendations by the end of the week. Through interviews and observation you notice the following:
- Purchase orders, and sales invoices are not pre-numbered due to the higher cost of printing the forms.
- To save time the sales clerk enters the sales at the end of the day into the accounting records, prepares the deposit and delivers it to the bank.
- The sales clerk a trusted and long-term employee grants sales returns at her discretion.
- The purchasing manager both orders merchandise and approves the payment for the order.
- Betty Gamble, the bookkeeper has not taken a vacation in three years.
- Checks are brought to the owner twice a week for signing. He is overwhelmed by all of the paperwork and has asked for the checks only on which he stamps his signature.
In your memo, give a summary of the elements of an effective internal control system. Comment on each of your observations and if there is a weakness provide a solution. Your memo should be 2-3 pages.
From: The Manager, Canyon Rental
Date: 13th December 2014
Subject: Effective Internal Control System
It is clear that Canyon Rental faces various issues related to its internal...
This question was answered on: Oct 15, 2019Buy this answer for only: $15
This attachment is locked
Pay using PayPal (No PayPal account Required) or your credit card . All your purchases are securely protected by .
About this QuestionSTATUS
Oct 15, 2019EXPERT
YES, THIS IS LEGAL
We have top-notch tutors who can do your essay/homework for you at a reasonable cost and then you can simply use that essay as a template to build your own arguments.
You can also use these solutions:
- As a reference for in-depth understanding of the subject.
- As a source of ideas / reasoning for your own research (if properly referenced)
- For editing and paraphrasing (check your institution's definition of plagiarism and recommended paraphrase).
NEW ASSIGNMENT HELP?
Order New Solution. Quick Turnaround
Click on the button below in order to Order for a New, Original and High-Quality Essay Solutions. New orders are original solutions and precise to your writing instruction requirements. Place a New Order using the button below.
WE GUARANTEE, THAT YOUR PAPER WILL BE WRITTEN FROM SCRATCH AND WITHIN A DEADLINE.