Please note: I'm writing C in the c89 standard.
The information stored for an automobile at a car dealer are saved in the file cars.txt. Each line contains the record for a car including the make and model, manufacture year, city mpg, and highway mpg. Write a program that reads file cars.txt, store the data in an array of car structures, and sort the cars by average mpg (the average of city mpg and high way mpg). Output the sorted cars, including the average mpg in a text file called sorted_cars.txt. A car structure should have the following attributes:
o make string o model string o manufactureyear int
o citympg int
o highwaympg int
You can assume the cars.txt as the following format for each car: make (one single word), model
(one single word), manufacture year, city mpg, highway mpg.
Mercury Sable 2009 18 28 Jeep Wrangler 2016 17 21 ...
- Name your program car.c.
- The program should be built around an array of structures, with each structure containing information of a car's make, model, manufacture year, city mpg, highway mpg, and average mpg( average of the city mpg and highway mpg). Assume the make and model are no more than 30 characters. Assume that there are no more than 1000 cars in the file.
- Use fscanf and fprintf to read and write data.
- Modify the selection_sort function provided to sort an array of product struct. The boxes should be sorted by average mpg in ascending order. The function should have the following prototype:
void selection_sort(struct car cars, int n);
5. Output the sorted cars, including average mpg, in a text file called sorted_cars.txt, in
the following format.
Make Model year city mpg
highway mpg average mpg
Jeep Wrangler 2016 17 21 19 Mercury Sable 2009 18 28 23 ...
Before you submit:
1. Compile with -Wall. Be sure it compiles on circe with no errors and no warnings.
gcc -Wall car.c
2. Be sure your Unix source file is read & write protected. Change Unix file permission on Unix:
chmod 600 car.c
3. Submit both car.c and cars.txt (for grading purposes).
Mercury Sable 2009 18 28
Jeep Wrangler 2016 17 21
Honda civic 2015 31 41
Toyota Corolla 2015 30 42
Toyta Prius 2010 51 48
Ford Escape 2013 23 33
Ford Fusion 2013 25 37
Acura MDX 2014 20 28
Lexus RX 2013 32 28
This question was answered on: Oct 15, 2019Buy this answer for only: $15
This attachment is locked
Pay using PayPal (No PayPal account Required) or your credit card . All your purchases are securely protected by .
About this QuestionSTATUS
Oct 15, 2019EXPERT
YES, THIS IS LEGAL
We have top-notch tutors who can do your essay/homework for you at a reasonable cost and then you can simply use that essay as a template to build your own arguments.
You can also use these solutions:
- As a reference for in-depth understanding of the subject.
- As a source of ideas / reasoning for your own research (if properly referenced)
- For editing and paraphrasing (check your institution's definition of plagiarism and recommended paraphrase).
NEW ASSIGNMENT HELP?
Order New Solution. Quick Turnaround
Click on the button below in order to Order for a New, Original and High-Quality Essay Solutions. New orders are original solutions and precise to your writing instruction requirements. Place a New Order using the button below.
WE GUARANTEE, THAT YOUR PAPER WILL BE WRITTEN FROM SCRATCH AND WITHIN A DEADLINE.