Managerial accounting emphasizes short-term profit analysis, so the income statement is very important. Consequently, we?ll examine and discuss income statements in this first case. The assignment for this module is divided into two parts:
Use the background material and Internet to answer the questions below.
Discuss and analyze the difference between managerial and financial accounting. Pay particular attention to:
- How is managerial accounting different from financial accounting?
- Comment on the different needs and use of financial information for internal purposes.
- The managerial accounting profession and its role in today?s business environment. How has it changed over time?
- Comment on the Certified Management Accountant (CMA) designation. How is it different from the CPA certification?
You may want to complete the SLP before addressing the questions below.
- Explain the main differences between the absorption and contribution (behavioral, variable) income statements. Will net income always be the same under the two approaches? If not, explain the difference.
- Comment specifically on why companies feel the need to create yet another income statement in a different format. What information can the company gleam from this approach which is helpful as a tool in the decision making process.
- Explain situations in which break-even analysis can be a useful tool. Explain the break-even formula and provide a specific example using numbers for a product with which you are familiar. Reasonable estimates are adequate. Don't forget to include the source of the information.
It is important to answer the questions as posed. The discussion should be three to five pages and written in a clear and concise manner. Support your discussion with references in APA format. You are encouraged to use Excel or other compatible spreadsheet when computations are involved. be sure to include references
Difference between managerial accounting and financial accounting
Financial Accounting is the analysis, classification and recording of financial transactions and
the ascertainment of how...
This question was answered on: Oct 15, 2019Buy this answer for only: $15
This attachment is locked
Pay using PayPal (No PayPal account Required) or your credit card . All your purchases are securely protected by .
About this QuestionSTATUS
Oct 15, 2019EXPERT
YES, THIS IS LEGAL
We have top-notch tutors who can do your essay/homework for you at a reasonable cost and then you can simply use that essay as a template to build your own arguments.
You can also use these solutions:
- As a reference for in-depth understanding of the subject.
- As a source of ideas / reasoning for your own research (if properly referenced)
- For editing and paraphrasing (check your institution's definition of plagiarism and recommended paraphrase).
NEW ASSIGNMENT HELP?
Order New Solution. Quick Turnaround
Click on the button below in order to Order for a New, Original and High-Quality Essay Solutions. New orders are original solutions and precise to your writing instruction requirements. Place a New Order using the button below.
WE GUARANTEE, THAT YOUR PAPER WILL BE WRITTEN FROM SCRATCH AND WITHIN A DEADLINE.