Howard, Richard J,M.D., PhD., Cornell, Danielle L,R.N., B.S.N., & Cochran, L. (2012). History of deceased organ donation, transplantation, and organ procurement organizations. Progress in Transplantation, 22(1), 6-16; quiz 17
One of the most difficult dilemmas to resolve relates to the allocation of valuable, but scarce resources. Setting standards by which resources are allocated is not an easy task. We hear about patients every day that don't make it because there aren't enough organs for those on the list. Please read the article: History of deceased organ donation, transplantation, and organ procurement organizations by Howard, Cornell, and Cochran. After reading the article and doing additional research, please respond to the following questions.
- Discuss some of the earliest examples of transplantation. Do you think these early experiments made it easier for it to become so commonplace today? What lessons can we learn from the early pioneers?
- Discuss the process of using organs from deceased patients. What are at least two ethical principles that apply to this process? Be sure to address distributive justice as one of your choices. What are the ethical issues that may arise? What are some instances where the dead donor rule has been violated?
- Briefly discuss the origins of organ procurement organizations (OPO). What role do they play in organ donations? What ethical issues do you see with these organizations? What are the rules and regulations that govern these organizations?
- We tend to think of organ transplantation as pertaining to healthcare alone. Provide some examples of how your specific discipline might impact some aspect of organ donation. For example, how might a public health agency impact the process or rules and regulations for organ donation?
Use the information in the modular background readings as well as resources you find through ProQuest or other online sources. Please be sure to cite all sources and provide a reference list at the end of the paper. Submit the paper as a WORD document through the link provided for the assignment.Assignment Expectations
- Discuss Mr. Krampitz's case from the perspective of distributive justice and the allocation of scarce resources.
- Limit your responses to three pages, not including title and reference pages
Running Header: Organ Donation Assignment 1
Running Header: Organ Donation Assignment 2
1. Some of the earliest examples of transplantation...
This question was answered on: Oct 15, 2019Buy this answer for only: $15
This attachment is locked
Pay using PayPal (No PayPal account Required) or your credit card . All your purchases are securely protected by .
About this QuestionSTATUS
Oct 15, 2019EXPERT
YES, THIS IS LEGAL
We have top-notch tutors who can do your essay/homework for you at a reasonable cost and then you can simply use that essay as a template to build your own arguments.
You can also use these solutions:
- As a reference for in-depth understanding of the subject.
- As a source of ideas / reasoning for your own research (if properly referenced)
- For editing and paraphrasing (check your institution's definition of plagiarism and recommended paraphrase).
NEW ASSIGNMENT HELP?
Order New Solution. Quick Turnaround
Click on the button below in order to Order for a New, Original and High-Quality Essay Solutions. New orders are original solutions and precise to your writing instruction requirements. Place a New Order using the button below.
WE GUARANTEE, THAT YOUR PAPER WILL BE WRITTEN FROM SCRATCH AND WITHIN A DEADLINE.